It’s hardly common knowledge that meditation reduces stress. Even high profile executive publications such as Forbes are running articles about the psychological benefits that a few moments of mindfulness can produce.
Different forms of meditation have been trialed across the United States, particularly in areas where there are problems with unruly students and juvenile delinquency. Even the United Kingdom is experimenting with the ancient art.
The good folks over at I Heart Intelligence (one of our highly recommended daily reads) have compiled a fantastic breakdown of 7 things which you may not have known about Meditation. It addresses some of the main points which people cite when they speak about not being able to get into the right headspace to meditate. The most common concerns usually relate to the inabilityto switch off. To cease the endless hum that our minds experience, something which is emphasised by our 27/7 lifestyles.
Regular I Heart Intelligence contributor Raven Fon does a superb job of explaining how there are many ways in which to reach a mindful state and not everything associated with meditation has to be ‘by the book‘.
1. YOU DON’T HAVE TO TWIST YOURSELF INTO A PRETZEL
2. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE RELIGIOUS OR SPIRITUAL TO MEDITATE
3. YOU DON’T HAVE TO MEDITATE FOR AN UNCOMFORTABLE AMOUNT OF TIME
4. DON’T WORRY ABOUT HAVING A SILENT MIND
5. THERE ARE MANY STYLES OF MEDITATION – KEEP GOING TILL YOU FIND ONE THAT FITS
6. YOU HAVE THE TIME
7. THE BENEFITS OF MEDITATION ARE RECEIVED IMMEDIATELY
For a full breakdown of how each of these actions can be put into practice, check out the full article.