Approximate Reading Time 3-4 Mins. Video Running Time 1 Min.
Ever wanted to study at Harvard, but things just didn’t work out that way? Well, now you can (kind of). Through edX, one of the world’s leading home study facilitators. Harvard are now taking enrolment for an online Introduction to Computer Science course which begins later this year.
The course is free, but requires a considerable amount of time and focus. It is run through HarvardX, who offer a range of online courses, should Computer Science not be your thing. Through a series of lectures and projects, the course is laid out for those who seek to gain more knowledge about the areas of coding, programming and development. For ambitious nerds, this may just be the best way to spend the later part of this year.
Students who earn a satisfactory score on 9 problem sets (i.e., programming assignments) and a final project will receive a certificate from HarvardX. This is a self-paced course – you may take CS50x on your schedule.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll learn:
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming.
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently.
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development.
- How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience.
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers.
You can register for the course via edX.