Moby is a renowned activist, artist and philanthropist, but his latest charity endeavor might just be his most magnanimous yet.
Given that Moby has been a collector and music fanatic for over three decades, it goes without saying that this collection will contain some of the rarest gems ever committed to wax. The first post showcases 12″ singles by the likes of Massive Attack, Yazoo, Bizarre Inc, Jungle Brothers and Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
Additionally, the artist will be selling off 99% of his musical equipment, upon which he has undoubtedly composed and constructed some of his many hits.
Launching my eBay charity store next week, selling all of my vinyl and 99% of my equipment, with 100% of the money going to @physicianscommittee pictured here: @massiveattackofficial @derrickmay @afrika_bambaataa_official @kevinsaunderson #njoi #yazoo #vinceclarke @alisonmoyet @junglebrothers4life #bizarreinc #frankiegoestohollywood
Moby’s charity auction will raise funds for The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, an organisation which ‘promotes preventative medicine and encourages higher standards in research‘. This includes the promotion of a plant-based (vegan) lifestyle, as well as other progressive and sustainable healthcare methods.
It’s clear to see why Moby would choose this charity to support as an ardent vegan and animal rights campaigner. The Committee’s objectives include:
- Shifting research from animal “models” to human-relevant studies
- Bringing nutrition into medical education and practice
- Conducting clinical research on healthful diets that builds the foundation for the role of nutrition in medicine
- Educating and empowering people to take control of their health through Kickstart, Food for Life, and other nutrition programs
- Working with policymakers and industry to adopt alternatives to chemical tests on animals
Find out more about The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in the below video, and check out Moby’s charity auction page on eBay from next week for updates.