MyGoodPlanet is getting busier all the time, so we’re launching the first round of open submissions for aspiring, positive and driven new writers.
- We are looking for new writers, with a competent grasp of English (especially grammar and spelling) and a wide range of interests, to cover uplifting and interesting stories from all over the world.
- MyGoodPlanet covers everything from Entertainment and Culture to Uplifting Stories, Charities, Education, Science and a whole load more. We seek writers to cover a range of subjects, but who are also interested in those who wish to focus on a specialist area.
- MyGoodPlanet is looking for topical, original content which is delivered in a timely and professional manner. You will be working directly with our friendly, helpful and supportive Editorial Team, who will guide and assist you, making this the perfect opportunity for recent graduates and aspiring scribes, as well as those with experience.
- We aim to build an international team of motivated and innovative journalists, reporters and writers to revitalise the media with us by creating a positive counterpart to the endless bad news that permeates our culture.
- MyGoodPlanet articles are typically 300-600 words long, but we also run longform pieces (600 – 1500 words).
- WordPress skills and good knowledge of SEO, social media and current affairs is a bonus.
- Applicants are to email a brief cover letter and 2-3 samples of their work to [email protected] before July 12th 2016 – We aspire to get back to as many of you as possible.
NB: As MyGoodPlanet is still in the early stages, contributors will not receive financial remuneration at present, but this is an opportunity to get in on ground level with an up and coming media platform. There is the strong possibility of paid work within the near future.